Monday, July 13, 2009

Paya Lebar Methodist Church Ohana Camp 2009







































l just came back from my first Church camp not too long ago.
Praise our good Lord for blessing me with an angel as my room- mate. She is an university undergraduate whom we get along quite well. To share with you more, l was actually a bundle of nerves before my Church camp and in between and especially the journey towards the Church camp as I was totally clueless as to whom l am sharing my room with, during my short trip to my Church Camp in KL, Malaysia recently in June 09. Though I was excited to embark for this trip but I was also apprehensive at the same time in which I used that time to quietly pray to my Lord for his divine guidance. Indeed, God is ever so wonderful and great. He has blessed me with an easygoing and friendly university undergraduate Geraldine (I hope that I got her name correct ah), as my room-mate. I had such a wonderful time bonding and chilling out with my Church mates as well as attending the talks given by various distinguished guest speakers. The team building games were also very interesting and amusing too. I also had alot of fun attending the gala dinner whereby each team (there are a total of 12 Teams,each displaying their items on stage) has to perform their theme.
I was selected to be one of the lead singers in our theme play, Though honored to do so but l was extremely self-conscious of having to face the audiences and be on stage at the same time.The feedback given after my performance was that l should sing louder. But having no practice at all and being impromptu for singing the Church Camp song on stage...I was simply petrified yet overwhelmed at the same time for the given chance to give thanks and praise through my singing to our good Lord! :-) The amazing part was the night before during our chilling session with my CG, I was told that l should make use of my voice to amplify and sing praise to our good Lord. And l have also expressed my wishes to do so but just that l didn't get the chance to do so as l was involved in the ushering during our Sunday service and having stage -fright did not help either. Furthermore, l was slightly apprehensive about it as l did not have any proper training for it. I was kindly reminded so long as I sing praise from my heart, that is all that matters really to our good Lord. In between, l was also given the helpful information that l can learn more about through the Believer music programs which l intend to take up in the upcoming August 2009.

The trip to and fro was smooth and was further sweetened by the deal that we were also given some free time around 2-3hours on our second day to shop around a local shopping mall. Even though it was a small shopping mall, l must say that **Women being shopping queens no matter where they are situated could still find ways and means to find and buy stuff to their hearts content ah** And for that, I truly takes my hats off them all!
As for me, l bought a fuchsia pink dress and a pair of shoe at such a great steals ah…**guffaw** since our currency exchange is higher than the Malaysia currency ah. Life is such bliss ah when you don’t have to worry about the currency while doing shopping ah. LOL

No comments: